How To Donate:

Go to my Beard-A-Thon Page
And fill out the form to Pledge this Beard!
(Make sure it says Shawny Hill)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Relentlessly avoiding shaving



I did a blog like this last year and decided I liked the first post I did there so I'm going to copy and paste it to start off this one! It's laziness at it's finest, but I did tweak it a bit to make it updated for the 2010 run.

WIkipedia: "A playoff beard is the superstitious practice of a National Hockey League player not shaving his beard during the Stanley Cup playoffs. The player stops shaving when his team enters the playoffs and does not shave until his team is eliminated or wins the Stanley Cup."

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure who my audience will be for this, if any at all, but I figured it was a fun addition to my profile at www.beardathon.com/flyers

If you haven't checked out that site already, please do so. I am one of many people growing a playoff beard for the Flyers quest for Lord Stanley's Cup. In addition, I am hoping to raise money for Flyers Charities through the website www.beardathon.com/flyers. Every day or so I will post an updated picture of my playoff beard and hopefully write here about my beard and such, with occasional commentary on the Flyers playoff run. This blog is intended to be for fun and entertainment, so I will tend to avoid deep hockey talk (if I can!).

Some quick notes:
- Normally, I start my playoff beard from nothing because I feel once the regular season is over, you wipe the slate clean and begin your journey. But this year the Flyers needed to put it into playoff mode early. So I got a 4 game head start this year. I tend to grow facial hair at a good pace, and if any one saw my previous beards, it can get pretty glorious.
- The art of trimming to be more acceptable to society is another thing I don't do. A hockey fan is who I am. It's not going to be pretty, it won't look professional, but it will look like Shawny - The Hockey Fan.
- I'm interested to see which Flyers I can outgrow. Dark horse for best beard - Ryan Parent
- Blog related: Please don't junk up my comments with negative or unrelated posts. 1) I probably will only skim the comments to begin with, so you're not really posting to me. 2) This is focused more on raising money for Flyers Charaities in a fun way, not a forum to critize.

Anyway, I hope I properly introduced this blog and I hope any that read it get some enjoyment out of it.


SO FAR:

Got a good strong base! Now I need your donations! Visit https://www.beardathon.com/flyers/DancingShawny/profile.aspx and donate!!

-Dancin' Shawny
(Follow me on Twitter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment