How To Donate:

Go to my Beard-A-Thon Page
And fill out the form to Pledge this Beard!
(Make sure it says Shawny Hill)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chin up! Things get hairy sometimes!

Playoff hockey tonight in Philadelphia and I could not be more pumped!

Except when it come to donations. We've stalled. I haven't had a donation in a couple days, and while times are tough, I'm hoping someone will dig deep and give a little for charity.

And just to remind people, I don't get anything out of this except an awesome beard and the pleasure of helping others.

Here's where your money is going (via Flyers Charities website).

"The money raised during fundraising initiatives has helped the Foundation assist many local beneficiaries such as, but not limited to: Arthur Ashe Youth Tennis & Education Center, Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation, YMCA, Philadelphia Youth Network, Firefly Literacy Fund, Virtua Foundation, Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse, Foundation for Melanoma Research, and Living Beyond Breast Cancer."

As much as I try to have fun here, I want to make sure the cause isn't lost.

Anyway, as we hit Game 4 tonight we're going to start seeing good growth on just about everyone growing beards. Haven't really seen a good leading candidate yet, unless you count Scott Hartnell, but I haven't really seen him around. Maybe that'll change tonight.

Tonight I plan to to a little Shampoo dance move, making sure to lather up the beard as well! Be on the lookout for it!

Also that contest, I talked about a couple posts earlier, it's almost done, stay tuned! (If you donate now you'll be automatically entered)


Photo Update:





It's hitting it's stride.







-Dancin' Shawny
(You know about Twitter...try Facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment