How To Donate:

Go to my Beard-A-Thon Page
And fill out the form to Pledge this Beard!
(Make sure it says Shawny Hill)

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bearding is believing

At a Pep Rally at City Hall today, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the support of my fellow fans. Why I didn't expect anyone to doubt this team, it really is something to behold to see people out wearing orange, head held high, with a true belief that this team is no where near out of it.

I was asked by a reporter today why I grow a playoff beard. And while I'm not a player or a member of the organization, you start to feel like one when you join the cause and ditch the razor.

Also, the chance to help out Flyers Charities in their efforts to help others is a no-brainer. I'm lucky enough to have people cheer when I'm at the game. They take the tiny bit of enjoyment they get from seeing me and turn it into enthusiasm for the team. It's a great feeling that can't be taken away, even from the most obnoxious and misinformed of haters. All I can do is try to take the opportunity I have and make it last through my efforts raising money and spreading smiles.

There is still time to donate and anyone who has been reading this blog and hasn't donated yet, I ask that you please consider giving even the smallest amount so that you can be apart of all the greatness that is the Flyers fan base.


We can do more than just be the 7th man for our Flyers.


LET'S GO FLYERS!!


- Dancin' Shawny

No comments:

Post a Comment